2017 Government Academy Closing Program
- Tuesday, March 7, 11:30 a.m.
- Exploration Gateway at Sippo Lake Park
- 5712 Twelfth St NW
- tickets: $10 for Guests (includes lunch), no charge for Academy class members
Please make your reservations by March 3.
The Academy is a 5-week course of leadership development promoting excellence in local governance.
- Perfect for civic minded individuals interested in learning about our government, how to impact local issues, and the importance of service leadership.
The next Government Academy begins in January 2018.
Government Academy topics include:
- Gallup StrengthsFinder for Government Leaders
- Strengths Based Economic Development and Strengths Based Citizen Engagement
- Your Role as a Government Official
- Effective Communication & Engaging with the Media
- Ethics in Government
- Successful Campaigning
- Local and Regional Shared Services
- Where can you make a difference in government leadership?
- Board Training
Tuition is $425 and Tuition assistance is available for participants from non-profits or government entities.
The curriculum is facilitated by Leadership Stark County staff, community leaders and Dr. Chet Bowling, Ohio State University Extension. The Academy is a collaboration among Leadership Stark County, Stark County District Library, the Ralph and Mary Regula Center for Public Service and Civic Engagement, and The Ohio State University Extension.
Presented in partnership with
2016 Government Leadership Academy Participants
Joan Aljancic, Louisville City Council
Don Bartlette, Public Speaker, Bartlette & Associates
Scott Barwick, Owner/Founder, Scott’s Training Center
Suzette Burlingame, Knowledge Officer, Stark County District Library
Nicole Dietz, Sales & Marketing Manager, Robert J. Events & Catering
Viola Fisher, Precinct Captain Ward 9A
Richard Flory, Properties and Contracts Manager, Board of Stark County Commissioners, Louisville City Council
Beth Johnston-Williams, Civil Division Supervisor, Massillon Clerk of Courts, Mayor of Meyers Lake Village
Frederic Scott, Assistant Chief, Criminal Division, Stark County Prosecutor
Reginald Stoltzfus, President, Dutchcraft Truss and Component Inc., Paris Township Trustee
Nicole Thompson, Donor Relations and Public Policy Manager, United Way of Greater Stark County,
Grace Werren, Student, GlenOak High School
Hannah Werren, Student, GlenOak High School
Kris Vincent, Osnaburg Township Trustee
Diane Wilson, Assistant Court Administrator, Stark County Family Court