The past few months have been an especially busy time here in the Leadership Stark County offices but it has been rewarding to see new initiatives take off and long-time programs continue to grow and succeed. Here is just a little of what’s been happening:
- Board Seminar success-Close to 100 people attended this year’s seminar. Here are 3 take-aways for board members:
- Always ask questions
- Does your board have D&O insurance? (Directors & Officers)
- Do you offer a board orientation?
- Canton Comprehensive Plan-A great showing more than 60 people attended Leadership’s brown bag lunch session.
- Dialogues on Diversity-presented by Coming Together Stark County, this was included as an Advance Site Visit for Cultural Competency day, was also attended by staff and will continue to attend community dialogues.
- 29th Class Asset Building Projects-to ensure that class projects meet a stated community need, projects are chosen from proposals submitted by community organizations. Eight projects are currently underway.
- Board Matching-another successful round of ‘speed-boarding’ was held at the Goodwill campus. Several of the non-profits have attended for 2 or 3 years in a row, so we know they are pleased with the results. During the event, the energy in the room is amazing as non-profit directors and board members share their passion for the cause and a light goes on in the eyes of the participants as they recognize a common interest.